Format: Wine tasting
Topic: Balkan wine region and specific variety of wines
Duration: 10 weeks (every Monday approximately 120 min.)
Start: Monday, 11. March, 2019 (18:30h.)
Location: SLAVA ROOM, floor 1
Sommelier: Petar Velickovic
Language: Macedonian / English
Price: 9.500 denars
Application: Required (limited number of participants 12)
Deadline for application: 07th March, 2019
ABOUT THE COURSE
Public Room in cooperation with the Sommelier Petar Velickovic is organising Wine Tasting Course where autochthonous sorts of wine from 5 Balkan countries will be tasted. Wines presented are coming from the wine regions in Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Greece and Macedonia.
This course aims to produce new wine lovers with augmented knowledge in wine sorts from the Balkan, who they can later on use the same knowledge as bases for professional sommelier course. The course also welcomes sommeliers who don’t want to stop learning, tasting and socializing.
The programme includes tasting of red and white wines predominantly, but on several occasions there will be sparkling and dessert wines served as well. Each wine is a seal of a particular region so the participants will discover more about its history, harvest period, dominant minerals in the soil, climate, and other specifics which make that sort of wine unique.
Balkan Peninsula has a great tradition in wine consumption and that is why there are lot of unique sorts that are exclusively cultivated in this part of the world. Beside the Macedonian wine regions - Vardar Valley, Polog and Pelagonija, the program includes wines from Istra and Dalmatia (Croatia), Sumadija and Srem (Serbia), Danube plain and Thracian Valley (Bulgaria), North of Greece and the Aegean Sea islands (Greece).
WHAT IS COVERED WITH THIS COURSE
• Tasting 50 red, white, sparkling and dessert wines,
• How to make food pairing with the wines,
• Detailed information on the wine regions and their traits,
• Information on the specific wine sorts and notable wineries in the region.
• Debate focused on taste, scent and wine scoring,
• Tips – which food (mezze) is compatible with each wine.
WHO CAN APPLY
Wine lovers, people who enjoy a good glass of wine, want to widen their horizons and augment their knowledge. Here we offer an informal education which helps the participants to learn about the important Balkan wine regions and to have information both, the dominant wineries and the regions. From this course every participant will learn how to recognize the taste of a particular wine and to choose the best wine in a restaurant or in a market. The tutorials for a food and wine parings is the chery on the cake. Mini bites, finger food compatible with each wine will be served during the wine tasting.
9.500 MKD – price of the course and it includes:
• Printed information on the wine regions,
• Tasting 50 different wines from the Balkan region,
• Food (appetizers) compatible with each wine,
• Socializing with other wine lovers.
WHAT SHOULD I DO TO TAKE PART AT THE WINE TASTING COURSE?
• To apply for the Wine Tasting Course by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for instructions for payment,
• To pay 9.500 denars for the course,
• Be on time on 11th of March at 18:30 in Public Room and take active part in Wine tasting Course.